Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spiced Sugar Cookies

Spiced Sugar Cookies

I never thought I was a fan of sugar cookies, until I met these!  A thick, chewy cookie with sugar and spice and all things nice, topped with a big swirl of buttercream frosting.  Yum!

My adorable new measuring cups as a Christmas gift from my sister!

Gather up the ingredients


My spices are ready to go!


Mix all the ingredients together...


...to form a fairly stiff dough.


Form the dough into 1" balls and slightly flatten with three fingers.  Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.


 While they're cooling, make a batch of your favorite buttercream frosting.  I whip together 1/4 cup butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, splash of vanilla, and enough cream to make it just the perfect consistency!


Decorate with sprinkles, or dust with nutmeg


Cookie time!


Enjoy!


Don't forget the shopping list!


From one classical appetite to another...happy cooking!

Photography © Sandra Baumgarten

No comments:

Post a Comment