Friday, December 30, 2011

Mint Oreo Truffles

Mint Oreo Truffles

These mint oreo truffles captured my imagination from the moment I saw them Amandeleine's blog, which was about 2 minutes before I made them :)  The fact that they're too easy to make, and far easier to eat, has made them detrimental to my diet, but I figure that we still have one day left of 2011 before we all start dieting...LOL!  Let's live it up!!!


Start with a package of cool mint Oreos, reserve 5 chocolate wafers, and smash the rest to smithereens.  You can use a blender, but I went the easy route and crushed them in a gallon Ziploc with my measuring cup.  No muss, no fuss!


Mix the crushed cookies with 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, and roll them into 1" balls.  Slide them into the freezer while you melt 12 ounces of white chocolate chips.  Add 3 tablespoons of shortening (to thin out the white chocolate), 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, and 3 drops of green food coloring.  Coat each cookie truffle.   


Eat lots!  There won't be any left once you pass the plate around :)

From one hearty appletite to another...happy cooking!

Photography © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment