Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Orange Christmas Fudge


I first posted this recipe four years ago for a food challenge.  Since then, my beloved food blog got all mess up so I'm slowly transferring my recipes to this new site.  This is the first one to make the hop because it's Christmas and we all know that means FUDGE season!!!

The recipe I'm using is from my awesome food blogger friend, now Hollywood actress, Hannah Barefoot.  She's put her own delicious twist on a chocolate fudge, using oranges and candied ginger.  YUM!


Using the finest ingredients, we're going to first dissolve the sugar and milk together in a sauce pot over medium heat.


Remove the rind from the orange--in any fashion--and add them to pot!


Boil these three ingredients for exactly 6 minutes.  I'm so glad Hannah told me how long to cook it rather than making me use a candy thermometer!


Remove the mixture from the heat, extract the orange peels and lay them flat to dry to use as garnish later.  Add the chocolate chips, butter and vanilla and stir until melted.  Now add ALL the ingredients to a mixer, or ask somebody strong to come lend their muscles to beating the fudge for 10 minutes.


I added this shot just because it of how beautiful it looked, with ribboned bands of fudge!


Pour the fudge onto a buttered piece of parchment paper.


When the fudge is cooled, cut into squares and decorate to your heart's desire!  I actually divided the fudge into two separate bowls before adding the ginger because I thought the ginger might be strong for my kids.  I decorated the ginger pieces and the orange pieces separately so they'd know which one they were grabbing :)


Happy Holidays to all my fudge-loving friends!!!




From one classical appetite to another...happy cooking!

Photography © Sandra Baumgarten

No comments:

Post a Comment