Monday, February 27, 2012

Smoked Pork Loin Roast


We just celebrated my mom's birthday, and for her special dinner she wanted smoked pork loin, homemade applesauce, caesar salad, and garlic mashed potatoes.  I love to grill and smoke meat so I got to make the dinner, and my sister brought the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!


I took two pork loin roasts (each about 2 lbs.) and marinated them for an hour before putting them on the grill.


I turned them to marinate both sides.


The goal is to smoke them for 35-45 per pound at 325 F.  I'm still getting used to my new gas grill, so it ran a little hotter than I was used to and I blackened the bottom edge, even using indirect grilling.  The trickiest part with smoking, I've found, it to have it hot enough to get your pellets to smoke, but low enough for a slow smokey roast.  I like to heat up the grill to at least 400 F and after about 15 minutes the pellets will start to smoke.  Then lower your temperature and place your meat over the burners that are NOT on.

From one hearty appletite to another...happy grilling!

Company Pork Roast Marinade:
4# pork loin roast
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper

 Photograph © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment