Friday, February 10, 2012

Raspberry Filled Baked Doughnuts


On a recent trip to Target, I had plans to buy something baking related.  I didn't really know what I was looking for, but I wanted something frivolous that wouldn't take up too much space.  


At the end of one of the aisles was a Valentine's Day display with a variety of cute, heart-shaped bakeware.  I bought the mini baked doughnut pan!


I was so eager to try my new pan that I quickly washed it and used the recipe from the packaging.  So yummy!  In my haste, I didn't make sure to wipe the middle part of the pan that makes the doughnut "hole," but it turned out to my advantage because I was able to fill the centers with raspberry jam.


Light and luscious, and not even bad for you!  Win-win! :)

From one hearty appletite to another...happy baking!

Baked Doughnuts Recipe adapted from NordicWare
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk (or make sour milk)
2 eggs
2 Tbsp melted butter or olive oil
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 375 F.  Grease and flour pan.  Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.  Stir in buttermilk, eggs, butter/olive oil and vanilla; beat until just combined.  Fill each well 2/3 full.  Bake 10-12 minutes, until the top of the doughnuts spring back when lightly touched.  Cool 5 minutes in pan; invert onto cooling rack and cool completely.  Glaze and decorate as desired.  Makes 18 doughnuts.

Photography © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment