Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DIY Valentine's Day Card


I have to say that for as much as I love to bake, sew, knit/crotchet, and paint, I'm not an "arts and crafts" person.  DIY projects are not aimed at me.  However, this DIY Valentine's Day Card, from Better Homes and Gardens February 2012 issue, jumped off the page at me.  Since it requires measuring and mixing, it's almost like cooking...almost.


A template is included, but I actually made my own.  Into the blank hearts, write out "prizes" for your sweetie to win.  Then cover each message with clear contact paper...I used tape.


Using metallic acrylic paint, mix 2 parts paint with one part dish soap.


Paint over each covered heart with three coats of the mixture.


Let dry, attach a penny, and give to your special someone!


Happy Valentine's Day Friends! xo

 Photography © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment