Monday, February 20, 2012

PB&J Cookies with "Milk"


I saw some PB&J cookies the other day, and it reminded me of my love of peanut butter cookies, combined with the fun of a thumbprint cookie.  And if you're a PB&J sandwich lover, we all know that it's impossible to eat one without a glass of milk.  


So, here you have it:  a PB&J Cookie with "Milk" =)


I started out by making peanut butter cookies.  I rolled them into 1 1/4" balls, and made my "thumbprint" in the middle.  Into the centers, I dabbed about a 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese filling, and topped them with 1/4 teaspoon raspberry jelly.


Bake at 375 F for ~10 minutes.


Cool and enjoy!


I had to include a "hand shot" so that you could see just how puffy and chewy these turn out.  Yum!!!


From one hearty appletite to another...happy baking!

Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups unsifted flour


Cream Cheese Filling:
2 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons powdered sugar

Mix in small ramekin

Photograph © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment