Thursday, February 23, 2012

Creamy Alfredo Pasta Stir-Fry


There are always nights in the week, that I just don't have time to cook.  Either we get home late, or we have to rush out after dinner, and I need something fast.  Occasionally, we have to hit a drive-thru, but I'm not a fan of the greasy spoon because it pains me to imagine what it's doing to my kids' hearts, and it's flat expensive!


This meal can be thrown together in the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta, and it's super yummy and healthy.  

While the water is heating, chop up your vegetables and pre-cooked sausage (I use smoked turkey sausage without MSG).  Here I've used onions, red bell pepper, asparagus, and sausage, but feel free to use your own favorite vegetables.  Add your noodles to the water, and cook according to the package.  Sauté your vegetable medley over medium-high heat.


Drain the noodles, add a jar of light alfredo sauce, and toss everything together.  You're done!

From one hearty appletite to another...happy cooking!



Photograph © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment