Monday, November 28, 2011

Faith Hill's Coca-Cola Cake

My rendition of Faith Hill's Coca-Cola Cake


I'm a big Faith Hill fan!  She's beautiful, talented, and seems like she'd be a great friend to take shopping, chat with over pedicures, or whip up something delicious together in the kitchen--I've heard she likes to bake.

Well, being that she has no idea that I even exist, I will settle for the next best thing and bake her Coca-Cola Cake, and watch her perform for "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" on Wednesday!


I had no plans to bake today, but when I saw this tempting recipe I swung by the store for the title ingredient before heading home.  It took me all of 10 minutes to throw the batter together, only two bowls to wash, and reminds me a lot of red velvet without the red dye :)  It's moist, it's fluffy, it's light in flavor...and OOOOH so yummy!!!

And now, Faith, I tip my cowgirl hat to you, and eat a bite in your honor.  But if you're feeling like a slice yourself, please stop by anytime!

So here's to happy holidays, delicious cakes, and singing from the Stars!  Enjoy!

Faith Hills' Coca-Cola Cake Recipe

P.S.  When I made these the first time, I used 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the icing since I was out of cocoa powder.  The second time I used cocoa powder.  I vote for the chocolate chip version!

© Photography by Sandra Baumgarten

No comments:

Post a Comment