Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!  With peppermint ice cream, candy canes and holiday chocolates decking the shelves these days, I'm not one to complain that Christmas is arriving too soon!  Peppermint is one of my all time favorite flavorings, and chocolate is my dear friend.  So many goodies, so little time!  



For these tasty little candies, I dipped mini candy canes in chocolate, then decorated them with more chocolate and sprinkles!  Yum!  Such an easy, yet festive and fancy, treat.  Wrap them in cellophane tied with a ribbon and they're a great gift as well!



To start, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips over a double-boiler.  I added a little Crisco to add some gloss to the chocolate, and to make it more fluid for dipping.


To avoid fingerprints on the chocolate, use a toothpick!


Let it drip a minute...


I hung mine on a skewer to drip some more... 


and then I laid them on a sheet of aluminum foil.


While still warm, I garnished them with drizzled white chocolate and cupcake gem "pearls."


They add a great peppermint kick to hot cocoa and can instantly turn a cup of coffee into a peppermint mocha!


Happy Holidays!


From one classical appetite to another...happy cooking!


© Photography by Sandra Baumgarten

No comments:

Post a Comment