Wednesday, April 18, 2012

That's the Rub: Chili Chipotle Seasoning Mix!


I came across this rub recipe several years ago in my Sunset magazine, and it's been one of my favorites ever since.  It adds a bit of chili spice flavoring without being too spicy, and works great on chicken.  It only takes a couple minutes to throw together, and it doesn't cost anything either.  Yay!  You can even make a big batch of it and put it in a container of your own to use whenever you need.  In my next post, I'll give a recipe for an apple chipotle salsa that you will LOVE to go with this!
  

From one hearty appletite to another...happy cooking!

Chili Spice Mix
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne

Mix in a small bowl.  Rub all over chicken before grilling.

Photograph © Hearty Appletite

No comments:

Post a Comment