Wednesday, August 1, 2012

From Your Garden, To Your Table: Margarita Pizza

Hot from the oven!

Light, fresh, and easy!  Margarita pizza is one of my favorite summertime meals.  I just love that half the ingredients can be found in my garden, and the other half I can throw together quite easily with fresh ingredients.  All you need are fresh basil leaves, fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, pizza sauce and dough!


I made these "personal pan" size so that everyone could make their own to their liking!


Fresh mozzarella makes all the difference!  Trust me and use it =)  I've heard that it's fairly easy to make at home, so I might have to tackle that in the near future.  Enjoy!!!


From one hearty appletite to another...happy cooking!

My favorite pizza dough recipe:

4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 cups water

Mix all ingredients together and let rest 30 minutes.  Roll out, top with sauce and toppings, and cook on lowest baking rack at 425F for 18-20 minutes, or until cheese is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment