Monday, September 5, 2011

Peach Tart, Pretty Please!



I almost want to say that peaches are my favorite fruit. Let me qualify that statement--FRESH peaches are my favorite fruit! It may be that I'm being seduced by this splendid slice of pie next to me as I type, but the only fruit that could possibly compete is the strawberry (see pictures from my January post for the strawberry pie!) At the local farmer's market, these peaches were begging to be made into a pie...who was I to refuse?!

This recipe starts off with a quick crust that I make in my Kitchen Aid. Mix together butter, sour cream and flour until it forms a ball, then pat it down in a pie pan until it's about 1/4" thick. Bake it for 15 minutes at 375 F; until it's set but not browned.

While the crust is baking, slice and peel 3 large peaches. You will want approximately 3-4 cups of peaches. Lay aside, and go back to the mixer. Don't bother washing it out from the crust: it all goes in the same pie! Blend together egg yolks, sugar, sour cream, and flour.

When the crust comes out of the oven, it's a bit bubbly so simply poke it a few times with a knife and it will lay down again in eager anticipation of the PEACHES!! :)

If you want it to be fancy, use less peaches and arrange them in a pattern. If you want a more peachy experience (like me!), pile on the peaches!!!

Pour the custard filling over the top, and place back in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 350 F. *note* Wear hot mitts--don't forget that your pie pan is still hot when you go to put it back in the oven!

Serve warm with heavy cream drizzled over the top!

Don't forget the shopping list!

Peach Tart

Crust:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 butter
2 tablespoons sour cream

Custard:
3 egg yolks
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour

3-4 large peaches

From one hearty appletite to another...happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment